Friday, April 7, 2017

Easter Eggs! Natural Looking Eggs!

I wanted to make some eggs that looked more like real eggs, spotted eggs.




Warning: these are not as easy to make as the eggs in the two previous posts, but still very do-able.
And I love love love they way they look!


Supplies:
Multi-color Textured Spray Paint (I used Rust-oleum Caribbean Sand)
Plastic eggs
Matte Mod Podge
Container to mix Mod Podge
Food Color (green, blue or both)
Paint brush (not shown)
Brown or gold paint
Old tooth brush (shown below)

The textured spray paint that I used knocked the plastic eggs all over the place. Oh my! I finally found a box to corral them and painted away. This takes some time. Oh, I used two cans of paint for a dozen eggs. Not an inexpensive project if you are on a budget. Next I mixed a drop of blue food color into a small amount of Mod Podge and painted a few eggs with it. Then I mixed in a drop of green food color into the blue mix, making an aqua color and painted more eggs. Now I had three slightly different colored eggs. 


Ready to put spots on them. I used some gold paint and some brown paint (not shown). Wet the toothbrush with water and dip into the paint, then take your finger and bend the loaded bristles, aim at the eggs and let go. Spots. Let them dry and do the other side.



Hope you make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment